How VW Wheel Bearings Fail ~ Video
No you are not dreaming, it is Wednesday. Normally we do failed parts videos on Tuesday. But I have been a little behind this week. Today we are looking at the failure of VW wheel bearings. The bearing show are from the newer generation VW cars, about 2005.5 and up. While the older VW cars have different wheel bearings, they fail in basically the same way.
Sponsor Of The Day
Today’s show is sponsored by Deutsche Auto Parts. They are the VW and Audi parts experts. They have great prices and awesome service. Plus they work really hard on a ton of VW DIY videos. Paul and the fellas at DAP are awesome. Also check out their new site at SHOPDAP.com
Join me as we check out:
- What is a VW wheel bearing
- How does a VW wheel bearing work
- How do VW wheel bearings fail
- Symptoms of VW wheel bearing failure
- Noises failed VW wheel bearings make
- Tips for daignosing a bad wheel bearing
- Time to failure
- Is a wheel bearing a DIY?
- Some tools needed
- A Torque Wrench (I use a Snap On digital)
- Triple Square set
- 24mm 12pt or 27mm 6pt sockets
- and more
Trouble viewing? Watch “How VW Wheel Bearings Fail ~ Video” on YouTube
As always, your questions and comments are welcome.
Please post them below. If you would like to suggest a part of a show like this, email me Charles(at)HumbleMechanic(dot)com. Thanks again to Deutsche Auto Parts for being such a great sponsor.
Don’t forget to follow me at: