How The 2.0T Diverter Valve Fails ~ Video
This is the 30th video in our “How VW Parts Fail” series. This is also a failing part that I get asked about all the time. We are looking at the failure of Volkswagen Diverter Valves. This part may also be called “Turbo Recirculation Valve”, “Turbo Cut-Off Valve” or even “Blow Off Valve”. We will also talk about how “Blow Off Valve” is not exactly wrong, but it’s not right either.
Sponsor Of The Day
Today’s show is sponsored by Deutsche Auto Parts. They are the VW and Audi parts experts. They have great prices and awesome service. Plus they work really hard on a ton of VW DIY videos. Paul and the fellas at DAP are awesome. Also check out their new site at SHOPDAP.com
Join me today as we break down:
- Why a Diverter Valve is not a Blow Off Valve
- What is a Diverter Valve
- Where is the Diverter Valve located
- How the Diverter Valve works
- How the Diverter Valve Fails
- Symptoms of a failing Diverter Valve
- Diagnosing a bad Diverter Valve
- Can you DIY the Diverter Valve
- Tips for replacing the Diverter Valve
- The “Rev D” Diverter Valve
- How to replace the Diverter Valve
- Thanks To Apex Tuning for hooking me up with the parts
- and more
Trouble viewing? Watch “How The 2.0T Diverter Valve Fails ~ Video” on YouTube.
As always, your questions and comments are welcome.
Please post them below. If you would like to suggest a part of a show like this, email me Charles(at)HumbleMechanic(dot)com. Thanks again to Deutsche Auto Parts for being such a great sponsor.
Don’t forget to follow me at: