How The 2.0T TSI Timing Chain Tensioner Fails ~ Video
Today we are looking at how the timing chain tensioner failed on the 2.0t TSI engine. The most common engine code is CCTA. This 2.0t was used in almost all VW models from 2008 and up. While my shop has not seen a super high failure rate, we have seen a good amount. Unlike many parts, the failure of this chain tensioner can cause catastrophic engine damage. Also a shout out to Apex Tuning. They saved a few of the tensioners for me, so I can do this video for you.
Sponsor Of The Day
Today’s show is sponsored by Deutsche Auto Parts. They are the VW and Audi parts experts. They have great prices and awesome service. Plus they work really hard on a ton of VW DIY videos. Paul and the fellas at DAP are awesome. Also check out their new site at SHOPDAP.com The article Deutsche Auto Parts wrote about failing timing chain tensioners.
Join me today as we break down:
- How many times the 2.0t TSI Timing chain tensioner has been updated
- What is a timing chain tensioner
- How does the timing chain tensioner work
- How does the 2.0t TSI timing chain fail
- Symptoms of timing chain failure
- How to diagnose a timing chain failure
- Average time to failure
- Can you DIY the timing chain tensioner
- SPECIAL TOOL REQUIRED! (yes it is that important
- and more
Trouble viewing? Watch “How The 2.0T TSI Timing Chain Tensioner Fails ~ Video” on YouTube.
As always, your questions and comments are welcome.
Please post them below. If you would like to suggest a part of a show like this, email me Charles(at)HumbleMechanic(dot)com. Thanks again to Deutsche Auto Parts for being such a great sponsor.
Don’t forget to follow me at: