On this episode of “How VW Parts Fail” we are looking at the failure of the 2.5L cylinder head gasket. The head gasket can be thought of as one of the most important gaskets in an engine. Today we talk about what a head gasket is, what it does, and how it fails.
Sponsor Of The Day
Today’s show is sponsored by Deutsche Auto Parts. They are the VW and Audi parts experts. They have great prices and awesome service. Plus they work really hard on a ton of VW DIY videos. Paul and the fellas at DAP are awesome. Also check out their new site at SHOPDAP.com
Join me today as we breakdown:
- What is a VW head gasket?
- What does a VW head gasket seal?
- Where is the head gasket located?
- How does the head gasket fail
- Symptoms of a failing head gasket
- Diagnosing a failing head gasket
- Is replacing a head gasket a DIY?
- Good news about failing head gaskets
- and more
Trouble viewing? Watch “How VW Parts Fail ~ 2.5L Head Gaskets” on YouTube.
As always, your questions and comments are welcome.
Please post them below. If you would like to suggest a part of a show like this, email me Charles(at)HumbleMechanic(dot)com. Thanks again to Deutsche Auto Parts for being such a great sponsor.
Don’t forget to follow me at: