How VW Serpentine Belt Tensioners Fail ~ Video
Next up in our Failed VW Parts series we are looking at the serpentine belt tensioner. We are not looking at the failure of one specific serpentine belt tensioner. This applies to all belt tensioners, even on non-VW cars. This type of failure can be anything from somewhat annoying to leaving you stranded, and even cause catastrophic engine damage.
Sponsor Of The Day
Today’s show is sponsored by Deutsche Auto Parts. They are the VW and Audi parts experts. They have great prices and awesome service. Plus they work really hard on a ton of VW DIY videos. Paul and the fellas at DAP are awesome. Also check out their new site at SHOPDAP.com Also be sure to stop by their booth at SOWO!
Join me as we dive into and chat about:
- Do these videos mean VW is not a good car?
- What is a VW Serpentine Belt Tensioner?
- What is a Serpentine Belt?
- How do VW Serpentine Belt Tensioner work
- How do VW Serpentine Belt Tensioner fail?
- Symptoms of VW Serpentine Belt Tensioner failure
- Diagnosing a failed VW Serpentine Belt Tensioner
- Is the VW Serpentine Belt Tensioner a DIY?
- and more
Trouble viewing? Watch “How VW Serpentine Belt Tensioners Fail ~ Video” on YouTube.
As always, your questions and comments are welcome.
Please post them below. If you would like to suggest a part of a show like this, email me Charles(at)HumbleMechanic(dot)com. Thanks again to Deutsche Auto Parts for being such a great sponsor.
Don’t forget to follow me at: