Spark plugs are on of those automotive terms that almost everyone has heard of. But do you REALLY know the ins and outs of what a spark plug is? Today we are going to explore the wonderful world of your engine’s spark plugs. Remember that this video is an informative and in-depth video. Your vehicle’s engine may have some additional steps to removing or replacing spark plugs. Some cars even have 2 per cylinder. As always please be careful when working on your car.
Join me today as we discuss:
- What are the parts of a spark plug?
- What does a spark plug do?
- What happens after a spark plug “sparks”
- How to determine spark plug size
- What is the reach of a spark plug?
- Determining heat range of a spark plug
- What happens when a Spark plug is too hot or cold
- Spark plug gap tools
- How to gap a spark plug
- Removing coils and plugs
- and more
Trouble viewing? Watch “What You Need To Know About Spark Plugs” on YouTube.
As always I love to hear your thoughts. Please post them in the comments section below. Again, if you have a question for a show like this, email me Charles(at)humblemechanic(dot)com with Question for Charles in the subject. Also if you have an idea for a show you can email me, or use the contact me form!
Don’t forget to follow me at: