What You Need To Know About Spark Plugs
Spark plugs are on of those automotive terms that almost everyone has heard of. But do you REALLY know the ins and outs of what a spark plug is? Today we are going to explore the wonderful world of your engine’s spark plugs. Remember that this video is an informative and in-depth video. Your vehicle’s engine may have some additional steps to removing or replacing spark plugs. Some cars even have 2 per cylinder. As always please be careful when working on your car.
Join me today as we discuss:
- What are the parts of a spark plug?
- What does a spark plug do?
- What happens after a spark plug “sparks”
- How to determine spark plug size
- What is the reach of a spark plug?
- Determining heat range of a spark plug
- What happens when a Spark plug is too hot or cold
- Spark plug gap tools
- How to gap a spark plug
- Removing coils and plugs
- and more
Trouble viewing? Watch “What You Need To Know About Spark Plugs” on YouTube.
As always I love to hear your thoughts. Please post them in the comments section below. Again, if you have a question for a show like this, email me Charles(at)humblemechanic(dot)com with Question for Charles in the subject. Also if you have an idea for a show you can email me, or use the contact me form!
Don’t forget to follow me at: