Today we are looking at the Volkswagen GTI Recall for leaking water pumps. This recall applies to 2011-2014 VW 2.0t GTIs. At this time there is no recall on other 2.0t VW models.
VW has issued a service action aka recall on the MK6 GTI. The issue they are having is the water pump can develop a leak. We are inspecting the water pump to see if it is the most current part number. If it is not, we are replacing the pump.
Join me today as we discuss:
- The 19k5 Recall
- How this water pump fails
- What action the tech takes on the GTI Recall
- The other VWs this recall applies to
- What to do if you have paid for a replacement water pump
- Most current GTI water pump 06J-121-026-BG
- Other parts replaced on the GTI water pump recall
- DONT BE A HACK
- and more
Trouble viewing? Watch “Water Pump Recall MK6 GTI ~ Podcast Episode 88” on Youtube.
As always I love to hear your thoughts. Please post them in the comments section below. If you have an idea for a show you can email me, or use the contact me form! Don’t forget to follow me at: