Happy Tuesday everyone. Like every Tuesday, today we are looking at failing VW parts. This is an issues that I see pretty regularly. Nothing like having your trunk not shut! I have also seen these fail in a way that will not let you open your trunk. Either way, it makes shopping a bit of a pain.
When we look at these parts we talk about:
- How they work (open and latch)
- How they fail (will not close/open)
- Why they fail (my theories on why)
- What you will see happen when the part fails
- How to diagnose failures
- How to replace MK5 Jetta trunk latch by Deutsche Auto Parts
- Purchase a MK5 Jetta trunk latch
- and more
This trunk latch does fit other Volkswagen cars. I replaced one on an EOS a week or so ago. Always be sure to have your V.I.N. ready when getting parts. There are a ton of VIN splits and parts oddities. This will help you get the right part the first time.
If you are having trouble viewing on the blog, check out “How The MK5 VW Trunk Latch Fails” on YouTube.
As always, your comments, questions and topic suggestions are always welcome. You can post them in the comments below, or use the contact me form. Don’t forget to check out Deutsche Auto Parts for you VW/Audi parts needs.