This is a DIY on replacing the VW VR6 coolant pipe, aka Crack Pipe, and thermostat housing. on the AAA VR6 engine. We learn how to replace the pipe and a few things to be careful of. This is another video in the MK3 DIY series. You can check out the Mk3 GTI walk around video I did. This is also a DIY that I struggled with. It was one of those jobs that very little goes right. I will probably do a video showing all of that.
Important information before starting this repair:
- Tools needed for this coolant pipe DIY
- Eurowise Thermostat Housing
- Eurowise thermostat housing review
- Some struggles I had doing this repair
- Removing the front end is not always necessary, but can make it easier
- Check out more DIY videos here
- Here are all the MK3 GTI videos
- and more
Trouble veiwing? Watch “VR6 Coolant Pipe and Thermostat Housing DIY” on YouTube.
As always I love to hear your thoughts. Please post them in the comments section below. If you have an idea for a show you can email me, or use the contact me form! Don’t forget to follow me at: