Today we are going in depth on the warranty extension for common rail high pressure fuel pumps HPFP. This is a new extension that will cover certain Volkswagen TDI engines including:
- 2009-2012 Volkswagen Golf
- 2009-2012 Volkswagen Jetta
- 2009-2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen
- 2009-2012 Volkswagen Touareg
- 2012 Volkswagen Passat
To find out if your VW is covered under this warranty extension, call your local dealer and give them your V.I.N. they can look that up for you. Failure of these pumps has been happening since about 2011. One of the bad things about HPFP failures is the cost of repair. The entire fuel system is replaced when metal from the pump is pushed into the fuel system.
Join me today as we discuss:
- Terms of the warranty extension terms
- What vehicles are included in the HPFP warranty extension
- The very strict criteria for HPFP warranty extension coverage
- Fuel samples under the HPFP warranty extension
- Modified cars under the HPFP warranty extension
- What happens when a TDI is filled with GAS.
- More pictures of HPFP failures
- and more
Trouble viewing? Watch “Volkswagen TDI Fuel Pump Warranty Extension ~ Podcast Episode 79” on YouTube.
As always your questions and comments are very much appreciated. If you have a suggestion for a show topic, use the contact me form, or email me Charles(at)humblemechanic(dot)com. If you want to find out if your vehicle is covered, please contact your local dealership. If you give them your V.I.N they can confirm your coverage.
Don’t forget to follow me at: