Today we are back talking about more failed VW parts. We are going to look at the top 5 most common failures of MK4 Golf, Beetle and Jetta. I grouped the Golf, Beetle and Jetta together because they are on the same platform. Think of them as the same car, with a different body attached. That means they all share very common failures. Also remember two things, these are not the only failures for that generation VW, and talking about these failures does not make them bad cars. When you have 7 years of a car, there are bound to be some things that go wrong.
Sponsor Of The Day
Today’s show is sponsored by Deutsche Auto Parts. They are the VW and Audi parts experts. They have great prices and awesome service. Plus they work really hard on a ton of VW DIY videos. Paul and the fellas at DAP are awesome. When you are shopping for VW Parts Online be sure to check them out.
Join me today as we break down the MK4
- The MK4 is 1998(ish)-2005(ish) Golf, Beetle, Jetta
- MK4 window regulator failures
- MK4 Brake light switch failures and recall
- MK4 Catalytic Converter failures, and warranty extension
- MK4 Coolant temperature sensor failures
- MK4 Suspension bushing failures
- A quick list of more MK4 failures
- How VW Coolant Temp Sensors Fail
- and more
Trouble viewing? Watch “Top 5 Failures 1999-2005 Golf, Beetle and Jetta” on YouTube.
As always, your questions and comments are welcome.
Please post them below. If you would like to suggest a part of a show like this, email me Charles(at)HumbleMechanic(dot)com. Thanks again to Deutsche Auto Parts for being such a great sponsor.
Don’t forget to follow me at: