Doing free work as an automotive tech. Free work is something that can ruin a day when you are paid on flat rate. But doing little things for customers can really set you apart from other tech. We need to look at free work as a small investment in building our customer base. Just to be clear, techs need to get paid for the work they do. The mind set of doing free work needs to be properly placed.
Become A CrewMember
If you like this show. If you get value out of the videos and content that I put out, consider supporting the show by becoming a CrewMember. You will get discounts you can’t get anywhere else, exclusive videos from me, and VW/Audi training manuals. Between the discounts and the training manuals, the CrewMembership can easily pay for itself. Become a CrewMember today
Do you shop on Amazon?
Many of you have asked about supporting the show. For that I thank you. For now, the best things you can do are SHARE THE SHOW, and shop with my links on Amazon. You will not spend any more money that you would normally. Here is the Amazon link ~ Humble Mechanic on Amazon or you can check out some recommended tools I have listed below.
- Watch “Doing Free Work As A Technician ~ Audio Podcast Episode 19″ on YouTube
- Original blog post for “Doing Free Work As A Technician ~ Audio Podcast Episode 19“
- Amazon affiliate link
On today’s automotive podcast we talk about:
- A quick review of flat rate. Full show about Flat Rate
- What do I mean by “free work”
- How we get pulled into doing free work
- How free work can be bad for a tech
- How it is good for techs
- Jobs you should NOT be doing for free
- Time investments
- and more
Thanks for tuning in to the automotive podcast. I am really excited about the response. If you have an idea for a show, contact me via email, or use the contact me form!
Don’t forget to follow me at:
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Tweet me on Twitter
- Humble Mechanic Podcasts
- Project GTI aka WhiteWookie
- Failed VW parts videos
- Tool & Product Reviews
- How To videos
- 2015 Golf SportWagen Videos