How VW Door Latches Fail~ Video
Today we look at how VW door latches fail.This is an issue not just with the Jetta as shown in the video. This is a part that I have replaced all across the brand. Every car in the VW line has had an issue with door latch failures. You may also hear them called “door lock modules”. That is because they are such an important part of the central locking system
Sponsor Of The Day
The sponsor of today’s show is Deutsche Auto Parts. They are the VW and Audi parts experts. I know them personally and they are great guys. You see how many sponsors I have. I have high standards for the people I recommend. Paul and the guys fit that bill. Plus they did a MK4 Jetta door latch DIY video. Check them out at DeutschAutoParts.com
Today we look at:
- How VW door latches work
- How VW door latches fail
- What are the symptoms of VW door latches failing.
- Most common is “My Jetta door will not lock”.
- Ways to diagnose VW door latch failures
- Skill required to replace door latch
- And more
You might have a failing door latch if:
- Your VW door will not lock
- Your VW door will not unlock
- Your door shows open when it’s closed, or closed when open
- Cluster doesn’t light up when door is opened. MK5 and up mostly
- Doors will auto lock all the time
- Windows do not drop when doors are unlocked (Beetle convertible, EOS, CC)
- Alarm goes off by itself
- And more
If you are having trouble viewing, check out “How VW Door Latches Fail~ Video” on YouTube.
As always your comments and questions are welcome. If you have a VW part you would like me to explain, use the contact me form, and let me know. Shout out to Deutsche Auto Parts for sponsoring today’s show.
Don’t forget to follow me at: