How I Would Start As a Mechanic Today, Podcast Episode 27
Today on the Automotive podcast, I want to talk about how I would get started as a tech, if I was doing it today. I have talked about how I got started on other shows. But I think that if I was going to do it again, I may take a different approach. The internet has given us a huge opportunity to learn for very little or free. That along with training programs at dealers, makes skipping tech school an interesting option.
Today on the Podcast we chat about:
- Costs of tech school
- Time investment of tech school
- Starting at a Jiffy change type place
- Starting at a small shop
- Online Learning
- Dealership Service Express
You can start with little time and tool investment
- Dealership training programs
- Where Manufacturers lack in training
- VW’s old training program
If you are having trouble viewing “How I Would Start As a Mechanic Today, Podcast Episode 27“, watch it on Youtube.
2 Questions for everyone:
- How would YOU get started if you had to do it again?
- If you are early in your career, or in tech school, What would you change?
Don’t forget to follow me at: